Friday, February 16, 2007

Playing a Player...or Fire and Ice, I'm Undecided.





Sure enough, as my friend Will Shakespeare used to say:

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages."

--From As You Like It (II, vii, 139-143)


You can't play a player.
But you can play this...



Contrary to popular belief,

I am not ALL peaches and cream.
Instead of feeling missed,
I'm feeling dismissed.
Pissed, actually.

Seriously, seriously, irritated.
If I weren't so irritated I'd be pouting.
I'm too pissed to pout right now.
Just barely hanging in there, by the way.

A not so juicy, not so patient pissed-off peach has spoken.
Likely into thin air.
I'm off for a few deep breaths, going to get something done.
Maybe some work, maybe some fun.
Haven't decided yet,

Guess what?
I get to decide for myself
Either one is better than sitting here,
waiting for the grand thaw...

Royally Irritated.
Could easily disappear with a huff
and the sound of a door slamming.
Is that what you'd like to hear?

Or would you rather hear how much
I really do care?
And how much you drive me nuts?
In a good way, most of the time.

Okay, feeling better.
Put down the pen,
back off.

This isn't about you, you know...
I am not an ice princess, either.
I'd rather flow like water than remain
frozen in time.




Here are the lyrics. Norah Jones' music is great pouting music...I'll get over it, probably.

NORAH JONES LYRICS

"Cold Cold Heart"

I've tried so hard my dear to show
That you're my every dream
Yet you're afraid each thing I do
Is just some evil scheme

A memory from your lonesome past
Keeps us so far apart
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
And melt your cold cold heart

Another love before my time
Made your heart sad an' blue
And so my heart is paying now
For things I didn't do

In anger unkind words are said
That make the teardrops start
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
And melt your cold cold heart

There was a time when I believed
That you belonged to me
But now I know your heart is shackled
To a memory

The more I learn to care for you
The more we drift apart
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
And melt your cold cold heart


[Thanks to elin.lissheim@swipnet.se for these lyrics]


[ www.azlyrics.com ]


How 'bout acting like you mean it, instead of acting like you don't.
As You Like it, Indeed.
How 'bout a little how I like it?
I believe the final act may be drawing to it's climax...
As You Like it, as you like it.

No comments: